- What Is Eyebrow Microblading?
- How Is The Process Of Microblading Performed?
- Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment
- Before your appointment
- What to expect during the appointment
- Aftercare Instructions
- Healing Process
- How much does it cost?
- How long does the procedure take?
- Does it hurt?
- Will you pick out the best colour, shape and thickness for me?
- What’s the aftercare?
- What are the restrictions for working out afterwards?
- When do I need to do my enhancement visit or touch up?
- What are your hours?
- How long do they last?
- What should I expect afterwards?
- Am I a candidate?
- Arrive on time
- Cancellation/Reschedule policy
- How can I schedule an appointment?
- Deposit and Payment
- SEPTEMBER MERGER OFFER
All About Microblading
What Is Eyebrow Microblading?
Microblading is a technique using a “hand tool” rather than a machine to enhance, define, darken or reshape your brows, leaving a natural finish. Each individual hairstroke is applied and blended in with your existing eyebrow hair, and the results are gorgeous! However, Microblading is not as new as you may think.
How Is The Process Of Microblading Performed?
It is performed by taking a small blade which consist of muiltiple blade like needles, placing pigment on the blade and with hairstrokes placing that pigment on your skin.
The technique leaves a semi permanent hairstroke that makes your eyebrows look PERFECT for up to 2 years.
It is generally a painless process, but some people may experience a little discomfort during etching. That’s why a localised anesthetic is applied to numb the eyebrows.
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
- Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
- On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
- Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders
- Circulatory disorders
- Any bleeding disorders
- You’re taking blood thinning medication
- Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
- If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
- You’ve recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 3 weeks)
- Old PMU
- You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
- If you have a sunburn.
- After waxing (must wait 3 days)
- After chemical peels (must wait 2 weeks)
Before your appointment
You will achieve much better results when you properly prepare for your treatment. The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-sensitive and non-irritated. Here’s how to get your skin ready for the procedure.
- Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before procedure
- Do not tan two weeks prior or have sunburned face
- Do not have any type of facial/peel 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Discontinue Vitamin A/Retinol products one month prior to treatment
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior
- Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior (natural blood thinners)
- Do not wax or tint your eyebrows 3 days before the procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit:
- Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
- Do not consume coffee before your procedure
- Do not take an aspirin or ibuprofen for pain relief (this thins the blood)
What to expect during the appointment
1. Before the appointment begins, the technician will provide a quick consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment.
2. Microblading before and after pictures are a great way to see your brow transformation, so we snap a few quick pictures of your eyebrows before getting started, and then a few more after they’ve been microbladed.
3. Anesthetic is applied to reduce any discomfort during the treatment.
4. The technician will give you their professional opinion on what colour, shape and thickness would best suit your face and then ask you what you think and if this suits your vision of your brows and what you feel comfortable with. This can take a while as we have to make sure they are perfectly symmetrical and that you are 100% happy. Please don’t be shy in your requests After all this is your face.
5. Initial strokes are placed and pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow.
6. After, a pigment layer is left to absorb into the skin.
7. Once that’s finished, the artist cleans the area thoroughly.
8. After the service, the artist will apply medical silicone that will remain on the skin for 12-24 hours. We will also quickly go through some of the aftercare tips and answer any final questions you may have.
9. Take the final before and after photos to share with your friends and family via our social media platforms.
Please follow these instructions for 10-14 days after the procedure to improve and prolong the results of Everlasting Brows. If you don’t follow these instructions, it can greatly affect your microblading results!
I have applied a liquid barrier that will stay on and protect your brows. Avoid getting anything on the brows, including water, except for cleansing as directed. You may blot for the first few hours with sterile gauze to remove any excess fluids, if necessary.
Cleansing: No wetting eyebrows for 7 days. Please avoid saturating brows with water. After the initial 4 days of washing, you may very sparingly apply thin layer of aftercare cream to hydrate your brow area for dryness relief. Do not pick or rub the brows. The flakes must fall off on their own or you will risk removing the color and possibly scarring.
• Do not soak the treated area in the bath, pool or hot tub. For 30 days, refrain from swimming in salt water or chlorinated pools, saunas, hot yoga, steam rooms or sun beds.
• No exercise for 14 days. After 14 days – when exercising, wear a sweatband to avoid sweat on brow area.
• Do not expose treated area to direct sunlight. After healed (30 days), use a sunscreen to avoid fading from the sun.
• No makeup should be applied directly on the brows during the healing process.
• Do not touch, rub, pick or scratch your brows following treatment or during healing process.
• You may find that your eyebrows will scab or become slightly dry following the treatment. If they itch, DO NO SCRATCH
• If your eyebrows get wet during the healing process, pat them dry with a towel, DO NOT RUB.
• Avoid using daily skincare products directly on the eyebrows.
• If you are planning a chemical peel, or any other medical procedure, please inform therapist of the procedure you have had. Procedure should only be done once the healing process is complete.
• If you are due to give blood after the procedure, please inform your nurse about the microblading treatment you have had as this might alter the results.
• Call or email me with any questions or concerns – 02 9114 6580 / 0424 872 701 email@example.com
Use this guide so you know that what you are experiencing IS normal and everyone goes through something similar…
Day 1: I LOVE MY NEWS BROWS! Your brows are fresh, perfect and brand new. What’s not to love?
Day 2-4: “These are way too dark and thick.” Your brows will actually get darker over this period of time, but don’t freak out! They will lighten again.
Day 5-8: During these days your brows may be flaking and scabbing off. Make sure to NOT pick or remove the scabs or you may inadvertently remove some of your pigment!
Day 9-10: “My brows have completely fallen off!!” Your brows will appear like they are completely gone during this time, but don’t worry – they will still be there! And this is also why it’s important to have your touch up.
Days 11-28: “My brows are coming back but they are patchy!” Your brows will appear to be patch and incomplete during this part of the healing process. Most of these patches will fill in overtime but if for some reason some area doesn’t take the touch up will help fill the gap so to speak.
Day 42 (after touch up): “These are better than I could have ever imagined!!!” And now you are back to the way you felt after the first day. Trust me when I say that this is a real cycle. Stick with it though and your results will be amazing:
How much does it cost?
The cost of the initial consultation plus the initial application AND the complimentary touch up 4-6 weeks later is currently $700 for microblading and $750 for microblading + shading
12 month touch ups cost $350
13 months – 23 months depending on work required, please contact Mimi.
How long does the procedure take?
1.5-2.5 hours for the initial visit
1.5-2 hours for your touchup
This includes consultation, treatment and taking before and after photos.
Does it hurt?
The truth is that microblading doesn’t hurt THAT bad. It’s been rated on average a 3-5 on a scale of 1-10. While it isn’t necessarily enjoyable I have never had a client who sees their brows afterwards and says it wasn’t worth it!
Most people say it feels like pinching or tugging on the skin. To make the process less painful I use a topical anesthetic which is a combination of lidocaine and prilocaine (the same stuff that Dentists use). This cream is placed on the skin and allowed to sit for 30 minutes prior to any blading.
I would say the process is uncomfortable but not painful.
Will you pick out the best colour, shape and thickness for me?
The technician will give you their professional opinion on what colour, shape and thickness would best suit your face and then ask you what you think and if this suits your vision of your brows and what you feel comfortable with. This can take a while as we have to make sure they are perfectly symmetrical and that you are 100% happy. Please don’t be shy in your requests After all this is your face.
Some clients want me to do it all and take away any decision making and some clients bring pictures of likes and dislikes and know exactly what they want.
What’s the aftercare?
I do what’s called a dry heal. It’s completely ointment and water free. You will leave here with clean brows and for the next 2 weeks give or take your body’s healing process you will avoid water and sweating at all costs! Wipe them with an unscented baby wipe morning and evening to soak up your natural oils and keep them dry dry dry. So no heavy sweating and wash your face with pads or a washcloth and avoid your brow area. Once the scabs are off you can go back to washing your brows and exercising. The better you follow the aftercare the better your results will be.
What are the restrictions for working out afterwards?
You need to avoid working out for the following 10-14 days after the procedure. This is due to sweating and my zero water rule for aftercare.
When do I need to do my enhancement visit or touch up?
You need a complimentary touch up appointment 4-6 weeks afterwards and then from there, anywhere from 06-18 months.
As long as you come in for your yearly touchup with your strokes and shape still there it is considered a touchup.
If it has completely faded its considered a new visit.
What are your hours?
Since Mimi is available at 3 different salons, the hours are variable. If you have questions about availability please text or call me.
How long do they last?
The pigment will stay in the skin for about 24 months.
If you get touch ups once every year or so there will be no need to go through the entire procedure again (which is what I recommend and cheaper).
Remember that this is NOT permanent which means that it will fade over time.
The first sessions lasts about 2.5 hours and the touch ups are only about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
90 minutes every year for perfect, make up quality eyebrows first thing in the morning.
Am I a candidate?
As long as you are not pregnant or nursing you should be a candidate.
You should not get this treatment done if you are undergoing chemo currently.
Or if you have taken certain skin thinning prescription medications for acne recently.
If you have permanent make up then results are best if it is VERY faded.
If you have any questions about if you are a candidate or not please feel free to call me so I can help you.
Deposit and Payment
A $150 non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit is required at the time of booking in order to secure your appointment.
This deposit is payable via direct deposit, cash, eftpos and credit cards. Your $150 deposit will be applied toward your final balance – due on the day of your appointment. Final balance must be paid in full, we accept cash, eftpos and credit card on the day only.
Arrive on time
Please arrive on time for your appointment. Being late for your appointment sets the following client’s appointment back. We respect our client’s time and expect the same courtesy. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, we reserve the right to cancel your appointment and your deposit will be forfeited.
Should you need to cancel or reschedule your microblading appointment or touchup, we kindly ask for 2 weeks’ notice in order to fill your appointment. If 2 weeks’ notice is not provided, your deposit will be forfeited and if you rebook at a later date, a new deposit will be required.
If you do not show up to your appointment, you will forfeit your deposit and any rescheduled appointment will need another deposit.
If you do not show up to your complimentary touch up appointment, your complimentary touch up will be forfeited. You may rebook a touch up appointment, however you will be charged for this based on our touch up fee schedule.
How can I schedule an appointment?
Call/text or email me – 02 9114 6580 / 0424 872 701 firstname.lastname@example.org
The schedule fills up VERY quickly and I’m usually booked out a month in advance so if you are interested I recommend calling or texting immediately.
We kindly ask that you find childcare for your appointment. We love kids, but children and our studio (even those really well behaved kids with iPads) don’t mix. We need quiet and full concentration while providing services for our clients. Thank you for your understanding.
SEPTEMBER MERGER OFFER
1. Limited numbers of store vouchers are handed out and terms and conditions can be changed at Mimi Brow Bar, Get Polished Waratah and Get Polished Junctions discretion
2. To be entitled to the store voucher, customer must spend a minimum total of $70 at Get Polished Waratah or The Junction salons, per visit, per person. Minimum spend is not to be in conjunction with any other offers.
3. Voucher can only be used for microblading/combination services.
4. Store voucher is only valid for 6 months from day of eligibility.
5. Appointment via bookings only subject to availability, and booking is only confirmed if a $150 non-refundable deposit is paid.
6. Mimi Brow Bar services is only available at the Waratah salon.
7. Store voucher can not be redeemed for cash, credit or other services.
8. Microblading/combination services requires customer to sign a consent form before procedure.
9. Can only use one(1) store voucher per person.